Margie is passionate about guiding clients through the process of change and growth - to help them thrive, rather than to merely exist or survive.
Path to Wholeness & Balance
It takes courage to admit we might not have all the answers and even more courage to ask for help. We sometimes need a guide to help create a new path that leads to a better life. Your work with Margie may be challenging as you exchange old patterns that no longer work for ones that promote healing and lead to fulfillment.
Margie’s approach to therapy is integrated, drawing from models that include: 12-step Recovery Principles, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), mindfulness, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Seeking Safety, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
• Master’s degree in social work (MSW)
• Licensed clinical social worker (LCSW)
• Licensed clinical addictions specialist (LCAS)
• Certified through the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA) as a mental health professional and equine specialist
• Certified EFT practitioner
Margie provides confidential, sensitive and ethical treatment to all regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, ability, age, gender, sexual orientation and socioeconomic status.
Areas of Expertise
• Addiction and Recovery Counseling for individuals and families
• Adult survivors of childhood trauma
• Dual Diagnosis (those with both mental health and substance abuse issues)
• Relationship challenges
• Recovery from chemical abuse and dependency
• Life transitions
• Depression and anxiety
• Grief and loss
• Sexual orientation and gender issues
• Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP)
• Trauma Focused EAP
• Spiritual Mentoring
• Life Coaching