Licensed Clinical Social Worker
I am passionate about guiding clients through the process of change and growth - to help them thrive, rather than to merely exist or survive.
Path to Wholeness & Balance
It takes courage to admit we might not have all the answers and even more courage to ask for help. We sometimes need a guide to help create a new path that leads to a better life. Our work together may be challenging as you exchange old patterns that no longer work for ones that promote healing and lead to fulfillment and peace. I believe that each of us has an internal map that will take us to our authentic Self and I see my role as a guide, cheerleader, and ally as you walk your own path toward wholeness.
My approach to therapy is integrated, drawing from models that include: 12-step Recovery Principles, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), mindfulness, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Seeking Safety, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Internal Family Systems (IFS) also rely on the philosophical principles of Buddhism and other spiritual paths.
• Master’s degree in social work (MSW)
• Licensed clinical social worker (LCSW)
• Licensed clinical addictions specialist (LCAS)
• Certified through the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA) as a mental health professional and equine specialist
• Certified EFT practitioner
I provide confidential, sensitive and ethical treatment to all people regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, ability, age, gender, sexual orientation and socioeconomic status.
Areas of Expertise
• Addiction and Recovery Counseling for individuals and families
• Adult survivors of childhood trauma
• Dual Diagnosis (those with both mental health and substance abuse issues)
• Relationship challenges
• Recovery from chemical abuse and dependency
• Life transitions
• Depression and anxiety
• Grief and loss
• Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP)
• Trauma Focused EAP
• Spiritual Mentoring
• Life Coaching